29 Ago DAHON Introduces its Smallest Fold to Date
August 25 2015: Friedrichshafen, Germany – World leader in folding bikes DAHON has seen a surge in new product in the last couple of years. Some of the results of this product drive will be on display in
the upcoming Eurobike show.
The long-awaited Curl is finally being mass-produced for the Spring of 2016 for test marketing. The Curl learns from, and has evolved on, some of the best designs on the market, including Brompton and Diblasi (all legally). Diblasi indeed, was the first to introduce the rear wheel “flip-fold” in the 1970’s, but is rarely given credit. The Curl’s 18″ wheels and numerous innovations result in possibly the best riding and most compact folding bike in history, all in celebrated DAHON engineering detail and fashion. Six patents separate the Curl from its antecedents:
1. The novel “V” coupling of the rear to the front triangles. This turns The Curl into a hard-tail bicycle without the bounciness and inefficiency during pedaling notorious for some bikes.
2. The down-tube, separating into a pair, allows the front frame to closely resemble a triangle, providing much needed strength and stiffness.
3. An extra-large head-tube and handlebar-post, along with an inverted fork stem, provide even more strength and stiffness.
4. The handlebar is more adjustable and ergonomic for riding.
5. The foldable pedal, while looking familiar, is much stronger and more durable. It us updated to be larger in usable space but actually folds more prone than its antecedents.
In addition, several familiar DAHON technologies are used, including the quick-action V-latch for the frame and the handlebar-post. All these result in unmatched convenience, performance and good looks. It is easy to see why the Curl has taken 16 years of nonstop R&D to complete. Other products to be shown include the Quix, the EEZZ and the Clinch. The Quix and the EEZZ are 20” and 16” versions of a new vertical-folding philosophy which provides legendary folding speed and frame strength. The Clinch, taking advantage of the ingenious DaTool and inverted handlepost design, is a uniquely strong
and stiff road bike, designed specifically to challenge the notion of “softness” for folding bicycles. Also high-lighted will be DAHON FlatPak technology, which turns regular categories of bikes of all wheel sizes into a compact package, whilst at the same time preserving the original strengths and looks.
In 1982, DAHON ignited the folding bicycle revolution with the introduction of the DAHON Convertible, the forefather of most modern-day folding bicycles. Today, DAHON is recognized as a world leader. Spearheaded by the guiding principles of innovation, reinvention and technological leadership, DAHON is
committed to creating quality product, a unique riding experience and green mobility solutions for people leading active, environmentally friendly lifestyles. Headquartered in California, DAHON’s offices, factories, cooperating assembly plants and distributing partner network reaches around the world. For more
information regarding DAHON’s products, please visit www.es.dahon.com.